# About Injective
# What is Injective?
Injective is a blockchain built for finance.
Injective is the only blockchain where developers can find robust out-of-the-box modules such as a completely decentralized orderbook that can be utilized to build a diverse array of sophisticated applications. Moreover, Injective is an open interoperable smart contracts platform.
Injective is built using the Cosmos SDK and is able to attain instant transaction finality using the Tendermint proof-of-state consensus framework. In addition, Injective can facilitate fast cross-chain transactions across the largest layer one networks such as Ethereum and Cosmos Hub.
The Injective ecosystem is a network of decentralized applications that focus on providing the best in class user experience. By providing the unrestricted and unprecedented ability to access decentralized financial markets, products, services and toolings, the ecosystem is striving to empower individuals with the ability to more efficiently allocate capital.
# Why Build on Injective?
- Optimized for decentralized finance: Injective provides out-of-the-box financial primitives such as a fully decentralized order book to allow developers to create mainstream dApps. Applications for instance can leverage the order book to launch exchanges, prediction markets and various other on-chain strategies.
- Interoperable: Injective is natively interoperable across a number of sovereign blockchain networks while also being IBC-enabled. Injective is able to facilitate seamless cross-chain transactions across Ethereum, Moonbeam and IBC-enabled chains such as CosmosHub.
- Build dApps Using CosmWasm: Injective supports CosmWasm, a novel smart contracting platform built for the Cosmos ecosystem. This means developers can easily launch their own smart-contract powered applications on Injective easily. Smart-contracts that work on other chains supporting CosmWasm can seamlessly be migrated to Injective.
- Launch Ethereum and IBC compatible tokens: Since Injective supports cross-chain transactions with Ethereum and all IBC-enabled chains, it means tokens launched on Injective can be exposed to multiple networks by default.
- Intuitive developer experience: Utilize flexible and expressive development environments powered by Rust and Golang.